Increasing happiness with a haven for cats and humans and cats to enjoy each others company
Cat Care Volunteer
- Wage:This is an unpaid voluntary role.
- Hours: 3-16 hrs (Minimum 3hrs per week)
Pause Cat Cafe in Bournemouth aims to improve lives by promoting kindness through animal welfare, ethical eating, volunteering and community projects.Pause Cat Cafe is looking for cat lovers to join our friendly team. Our main priority at Pause is cat welfare, so at least two volunteers are needed at all times. You will provide and maintain a high standard of care and quality for all of our cats and customers in a safe and happy environment. You will graciously offer love, stimulation, compassion, stability and security to all our cats, whilst helping with the cafe and customer service. All members of the team are expected to follow our mission of kindness to all humans and animals.Please include your availability, along with your preference of shift time in your application.
Please note that your initial trial shift must take place either 9am-12pm or 6pm-8:30pm so that you can gain a full understanding of the tasks required. Please also be aware that reliability and attendance is crucial as the safety of our kitties depends on it.
Our volunteer shift times are as follows;
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to;
- Keeping the cats healthy and happy during your shift by keeping a watchful eye over them and noticing any changes in behaviour, which will be consequently logged and taken care of by senior staff
- Feeding, cleaning and health checks for the cats (full training provided)
- Keeping all areas clean and hygienic (including the private cat quarters)Volunteers with shift times during cafe opening hours:
- Will be ready and willing to answer all customer queries
- Help with setting up and closing down of the cafe, including cleaning
- Customer service
- Ensure responsible customer-cat play and interaction; you will be on hand to watch for the safety of our kitties
- Report to staff any concerns about customer misconductRequirements (desirable)
- Relevant experience and/ or qualification within animal care
- Experience in hospitality or service
- Good level of English (B2 minimum)
- A love of cats and passion for their welfare
- Age 16+Here at Pause Cat Cafe, we ensure that everybody gets equal rights. To do this we have become a Disability Confident Employer, and have made a commitment to employ and retain disabled people. There are always alternate ways to do any task given, and we will do our best to accommodate people who have any disabilities by making reasonable adjustments to the job. If a disabled applicant meets the minimum criteria for the job, they will be given the opportunity to show their abilities at an interview. We aim to make every employee that works here Disability Confident as well, therefore making Pause Cat Cafe part of the Disability Confident culture.We will support any employee’s with managing there disabilities or health conditions, this includes encouraging employee’s to be open about their support needs; providing any reasonable adjustments necessary for the job role; ensuring there are no barriers to the development and progression of disabled staff; ensuring the manager is aware of how to support staff who are absent from work, and valuing and listening to all feedback given from staff.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £0.00 /year
Job Types: Part-time, Volunteer, Permanent