Pause Cat Cafe in Bournemouth aims to improve lives by promoting kindness through animal welfare, ethical eating, volunteering and community projects.
Pause Cat Cafe is looking for cat lovers to join our cat care team. Our main priority at Pause is cat welfare, so volunteers provide and maintain a high standard of care and quality for all of our cats and visitors in a safe and happy environment. You will graciously offer care, enrichment, stability and security to all our cats. Team members who have shifts during the cafe’s opening times also help with customer service and ensuring safe interaction between cats and visitors. All members of the team are expected to follow our mission of kindness to all humans and animals.
- Please note that initial trial shifts and training shifts for cat care must take place on weekends. Please also be aware that reliability and attendance is crucial as the safety of our kitties depends on it.
We are specifically looking for people who are available to work during opening hours between 12-4:30pm on either Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to;
- Keeping the cats healthy and happy during your shift by keeping a watchful eye over them and noticing any changes in behaviour, which will be consequently logged and taken care of by welfare staff.
Volunteers with shift times during cafe opening hours:
- Will be ready and willing to answer all customer queries
- Help with setting up and closing down of the cafe, including cleaning
- Customer service
- Ensure responsible customer-cat play and interaction; you will be on hand to watch for the safety of our kitties
- Report any concerns to management
- Relevant experience and/ or qualification within animal care
- Experience in working with the public
- Good level of English (B2 minimum)
- A love of cats and passion for their welfare
Here at Pause, everybody gets treated equally. We are Disability Confident Employers, and are committed to welcoming people with disabilities. There are always alternate ways to do any task given, and we do our best to accommodate people who have any disabilities by making reasonable adjustments to the job. We aim to help every member of the team be open and supportive of different abilities, nurturing a Disability Confident culture.
We will support any team member with managing mental health, disabilities or other health conditions, this includes encouraging people to be open about their support needs; providing any reasonable adjustments necessary and ensuring these issues provide no barriers to the development and progression; ensuring the manager is aware of how to support staff, and valuing and listening to all feedback given from team members.
Job Types: Part-time, Volunteer
Part-time hours: 3 per week
- Day shift
- Monday, Wednesdays and Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bournemouth, BH1 1EP: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person